What You Get
I use WordPress to create a clean, easy-to-use website that focuses on displaying your work beautifully. I offer four design options to choose from. All designs are “responsive” which means the layout will adapt for optimal viewing on any device (desktop, tablet, phone).
I also ensure that your site will be search engine friendly so it appears as high as possible in search result rankings.You will also learn how to maintain it after I’m done. Gone are the days of having to be reliant on a “webmaster” for every change.
As a creative person, a blog can be a wonderful tool to build trust with your community. If you are already blogging, great! I will integrate the blog into your new website. If you want to get a blog started I will help you do that.
What you get
- Website: Option A: Start with a pre-designed WordPress theme from the four designs I offer. Option B: Design, code + build a customized WordPress theme.
- Domain & Hosting: Assistance with obtaining a domain name and setting up your own web hosting (if necessary)
- Content: Add up to 50 portfolio images. Create up to 6 pages including a Blog.
- Plugins: Add plugins for search engine optimization (SEO), site backup, spam management, and social media.
- Newsletter: Option A: If you have an existing newsletter, connect it to the new site. Option B: Design a newsletter through a third party service such as MailChimp.
- Forms: Create up to 3 forms (i.e. contact form or questionnaire).
- Training: 1-hour training session on how to make changes to your site.
- Support: Unlimited email support for the first 30 days after launch. After that I don’t disappear, you can always reach me.
The next step is to connect with me so I can learn more about your needs.
The short form on the Get Started page will allow you to tell me more.
If you still have questions, you can find Answers hereread more
How long will it take?
Generally I can have you up and running in about a week once you decide to get started.
How are domain names and hosting handled?
If you already have a hosting service that supports WordPress we can use that. If not, I will set it up. If you don’t already have a domain name, I can also help you obtain one. See details here.
Will I be able to makes updates myself?
Absolutely. One of the strengths of having a WordPress site is the ease of making updates.
After your site is launched I will show you how to do this.
In the spirit of being self sufficient, I also encourage you to take my course on creating a portfolio website
What if I already have a website? Can you update it to the new design?
Yes. Many of the sites I do are redesigns of existing websites that are no longer engaging and meeting the artists’ needs.
I’m not crazy about the themes you have available. What can I do?
I can work with you to a) either find another premium design theme, or b) build a custom design that’s all your own.
What if I’m not happy with the result?
I want you to be happy. First, we can always try a different design. If that’s still not doing it for you, just let me know within 30 days and you get your money back. Naturally, I’ll be crushed but I’ll get over it.